(2) China Creek is a year-round creek that flows about three miles. It joins Redwood Creek one- quarter mile south of the community of Brice land. Reference: Turner 1993: 49; United States Geological Survey 1969.
(5) China Gulch has a one and one-half mile-long stream that flows in an east-to-west direction where it joins North Russian Creek. It is just north of Little China Gulch in the Klamath National Forest. There has been considerable tunnel and shaft mining in the area. See Little China Gulch, Siskiyou County. Reference: United States Geological Survey 1977.
(2) China Creek is a perennial stream five miles long and travels in an east-to-west direction within the Trinity National Forest. It merges with New River near the community of Dailey. There has been wide spread mining activity throughout the area. Reference: United States Geological Survey 1982c.
Trinity National Forest. It joins the North Fork of the Trinity River. There is extensive evidence of mining along the creek. Reference: United States Geological Survey 1982i.
It joins Little Browns Creek four and one-half miles northeast of Weaverville. Considerable placer mining has occurred in the area. Reference: United States Geological Survey 1982d.
considered a Chinese placer mining area. This resulted from it being registered as a mining claim by the She Lim Company in 1860. It was worked primarily by the Chinese until at least 1885. The claim covered 1250 feet of river bank. Reference: Kelly and McAleer 1986: 5, 23-24.
thereafter. The cemetery was repaired in 1967 at which time E. Clampus Vitus built a wooden gate. By 1987, only one tombstone, that of Jue Tuey buried in 1973, remained. The cemetery is said to have good feng shui. See Ten Cents Gulch Chinese Cemetery, Trinity County. Reference: Wong 1987: 293-294.
See Weaverville Elementary School, Trinity County.
of worship. Its name means "Temple Amongst the Forest Beneath the Clouds." Built in 1874, it
contains a monk's quarters and a larger room for worship. Three altars inside are dedicated to the
gods of Health, Wealth, and Mercy--all important to those far from home. With a decline in
Chinese population by 1934, the temple fell into disrepair with most of the original contents lost.
The Weaverville Chamber of Commerce and others sought to preserve the temple, possibly as a
state park. Moon Lim Lee was appointed trustee of the temple in 1938 and actively pursued the idea of it becoming a state park, which occurred in 1956. The park officially opened in 1957 after extensive renovation. In 1961, it became California Historical Landmark No. 709. Presently, it
has more than 40,000 visitors per year. Being a place of worship, the facility is closed to the
public on days of significance to practicing Taoists. See Moon Lim Lee Rest Area, Trinity
County. Reference: McDonald 1986: 12-29; State of California n.d.
Recommendation for the Ohio Flat Mining District, Trinity County. Sacramento: